Post-Crisis Recovery and Debriefing
Once the worst of the crisis has passed and your organization starts getting back to normal, it is important to convene the crisis team to debrief.
Just a few of the questions the team needs to consider when conducting a crisis debriefing:
- How could the crisis have been avoided or minimized?
- What worked well in our response, and what did not?
- What was the financial impact of the crisis, and how can we minimize that next time?
- How well did our contingency plans work?
- What was the impact of the media coverage on our employees and our company?
- What aspects of our crisis plans do we need to change?
The Institute for Crisis Management experts will walk you through the debriefing, document the learnings and prepare a report to assist management in making any needed adjustments to crisis plans.
After the crisis, it is important to convene the crisis team to debrief.
Deborah Hileman, SCMP
ICM President and CEO
CEO Expertise for Every Client
Deborah Hileman, SCMP, President and CEO. A certified strategic communication management professional (SCMP), business leader, coach and consultant with more than 30 years’ experience in public and private companies and non-profit organizations, Ms. Hileman has led high-performing communications and marketing teams in health care, manufacturing, insurance and financial services, nonprofits and higher education. Her most significant areas of expertise include strategic communications planning and reputation/crisis management, change management, employee engagement and communication training.