About the Institute for Crisis Management
The Institute for Crisis Management-We Know Crisis
Founded in 1990, The Institute for Crisis Management® (ICM) was one of the first crisis management consulting firms in North America. Unlike other general communication and PR consulting firms, crisis management and communication is all we do. ICM offers a variety of products and services designed to help your organization’s executives to lead effectively before, during and after a crisis.
Executives no longer have the luxury of hours or days before they respond.
When a business crisis erupts, time is of the essence. Call us now: (888) 708-8351.
The Institute for Crisis Management (ICM) is ‘boutique’ by design, operating with a flexible, low-overhead virtual business model that enables us to provide CEO involvement and senior-level expertise that meets each client’s needs more affordably than many other firms. ICM Senior Consultants are dedicated independent contractors who are engaged for specific clients and projects.
Countless senior executives, PR and communication professionals, attorneys, risk managers and operations leaders have learned how to prevent, effectively respond to and mitigate crises through our flagship Crisis Communication Management Certification Course [internal link], offered quarterly for more than 27 years. The Institute for Crisis Management prepares executives and management teams to lead before, during and after a crisis with a variety of services:
- Crisis planning and preparedness
- Vulnerability and risk assessments
- Risk-specific planning tools
- Crisis communication plans
- Management training and simulation exercises
- Spokesperson/ media training
- On-site or virtual crisis management team support and consulting
- Communication strategy and message development for all audiences
- Mainstream and social media monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Executive coaching and crisis media interview preparation
- Media relations management for the duration of the event
- Post-event debriefing and response assessment, action planning
- Crisis plan reviews and updates
Deborah Hileman, SCMP
ICM President and CEO
CEO Expertise for Every Client
Deborah Hileman, SCMP, President and CEO. A certified strategic communication management professional (SCMP), business leader, coach and consultant with more than 30 years’ experience in public and private companies and non-profit organizations, Ms. Hileman has led high-performing communications and marketing teams in health care, manufacturing, insurance and financial services, nonprofits and higher education. Her most significant areas of expertise include strategic communications planning and reputation/crisis management, change management, employee engagement and communication training.