Commitment to Ethical Practices® Commitment to Ethical Communication Practices
Contractors providing services to ICM’s clients must be committed to the ethical practice of the profession. Each of our senior consultants commits to the following practices before joining our team and working with ICM clients.
In seeking to earn the trust and respect of employers, clients, stakeholders, journalists, colleagues, coworkers and others, I agree to adhere to the following standards of ethical conduct:
- I am truthful and honest. My actions earn respect and trust as a professional communicator.
- I strive to communicate accurate information and act promptly to acknowledge and correct any errors.
- I check facts for accuracy before communicating them.
- I am a responsible advocate for my clients, always acting in their best interests and subordinating my personal interests.
- I protect privileged, confidential and insider information always, while acting within the law.
- I obey all applicable laws, regulations and public policies.
- I notify the appropriate authority if I discover a breach of confidentiality or violation of law.
- I never use confidential information for personal gain.
- I give proper credit to the work of others, citing sources, respecting intellectual property rights and acknowledging the contributions of others.
- I do not represent conflicting or competing interests without complete disclosure and the written consent of all those involved.
- I take responsibility for my actions.
- I do not represent clients or organizations that would require me to violate the ethical requirements of these standards of conduct.
As a member of the International Association of Risk and Crisis Communication, ICM’s CEO has also made a commitment to adhere to the IARCC’s Code of Ethics.
Deborah Hileman, SCMP
ICM President and CEO
CEO Expertise for Every Client
Deborah Hileman, SCMP, President and CEO. A globally-certified strategic communication management professional (SCMP), business leader, coach and consultant with more than 35 years’ experience in public and private companies and non-profit organizations, Ms. Hileman has led high-performing teams in health care, manufacturing, insurance and financial services, nonprofits and higher education. Her most significant areas of expertise include strategic communications planning, reputation and crisis management, change management, employee engagement, media relations and communication training.