Last updated January 3, 2018
The Institute for Crisis Management is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. The following policy details how ICM will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
ICM may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- (a) information about your visits to and your use of this website;
- (b) information about any transactions carried out between you and ICM on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications.
ICM may collect, store and use non-personal data about your visits to and your use of this website.
(2) Information about website visits
ICM may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. ICM may use this information for purposes of administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for certain marketing purposes.
ICM may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. ICM may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. ICM may also use that information to recognize your computer when you visit our website, and to personalize our website for you.
ICM may use anonymous cookies to record non-personal information such as website activity, date and time of visit, and domain type. We may use this information for retargeting purposes.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Chrome you can block all cookies by clicking “Settings” > “Advanced” > “Content Settings”, > “Cookies” and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector at the top.) This may, however, negatively impact your usability of our website.
(3) Using your personal data
- (a) improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- (b) send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology;
- (c) send to you marketing communications relating to our business.
(4) Use of your non-personal data
ICM may collect and share non-personal data with our advertising vendors to provide relevant and targeted advertisements through retargeting. All data is anonymous and cannot be used to identify the visitor.
(5) Other disclosures
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
(6) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure server.
(7) Policy updates
(8) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the functionality or privacy policies of third party websites.