Our flagship program since 1990, the ICM Crisis Communication Certification Course has strengthened the skills of hundreds of executives and communications practitioners who are responsible for managing communications during a business crisis.
Participants learn to:
- Identify business crises and prepare for them
- Evaluate organization’s vulnerabilities and crisis potential
- Anticipate issues that may escalate into a crisis
- Gain critical support from senior management
- Quantify financial impact of a potential crisis
- Develop and implement realistic crisis communications plans
- Define stakeholders and prioritize actions for those most likely to get involved
- Utilize online and traditional communication tools effectively
- Understand and use social media in a crisis
- Develop talking points for media and other stakeholders
- Minimize negative reactions from various audiences
- Debrief and learn from the crisis
Data from the unique ICM Crisis Database are used to pinpoint current trends in crisis situations that are stimulating the most media attention for the business community. The Workshop emphasizes realistic problem solving and the importance of hands-on experience in preventing or controlling crises. Participants collaborate in hands-on exercises based on actual business crisis events.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate/organization leaders and executives
- Heads of government agencies
- Crisis team members
- Public relations and communications practitioners
- HR professionals
- Attorneys and paralegals
- Plant/operations managers
There are no reviews yet.