This intensive, comprehensive crisis management course focuses on managing sudden crises, and techniques for preventing smoldering internal business issues from going “public” or minimizing the damage to the organization’s ongoing business when public disclosure cannot be avoided. Enrollment is limited to provide ample opportunity for group discussion and individual participation in presentations, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Participants learn to:
- Identify business crises and prepare for them
- Evaluate organization’s vulnerabilities and crisis potential
- Anticipate issues that may escalate into a crisis
- Gain critical support from senior management
- Quantify financial impact of a potential crisis
- Develop and implement realistic crisis communications plans
- Define stakeholders and prioritize actions for those most likely to get involved
- Utilize online and traditional communication tools effectively
- Understand and use social media in a crisis
- Develop talking points for media and other stakeholders
- Minimize negative reactions from various audiences
- Debrief and learn from the crisis
Data from the unique ICM Crisis Database are used to pinpoint current trends in crisis situations that are stimulating the most media attention for the business community. The Workshop for this comprehensive crisis management course emphasizes realistic problem solving and the importance of hands-on experience in preventing or controlling crises. Participants collaborate in hands-on exercises based on actual business crisis events.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate/organization leaders and executives
- Heads of government agencies
- Crisis team members
- Public relations and communications practitioners
- HR professionals
- Attorneys and paralegals
- Plant/operations managers
If interested, sign up today! This comprehensive crisis management course isn’t available at all times during the year, so take advantage of the this course offer from ICM.
Need to learn more? Click here to find out about our programs and what we specialize in. Many other students have already taken the course and are seeing success! Join us today and find out techniques to handle a crisis.