Certification Course- Crisis Communication Management
The cornerstone of ICM’s upcoming Certified Crisis Communication ManagerTM program, this intensive course focuses on managing sudden crises and techniques for preventing smoldering internal business issues from going “public” or minimizing the damage to the organization’s ongoing business when public disclosure cannot be avoided. Enrollment is limited to provide ample opportunity for group discussion and individual participation in presentations, discussions and hands-on exercises.
This course is required for ICM’s upcoming Certified Crisis Communication ManagerTM program.
Take the course in-person or live online!
If you attend this instructor-led course, you’ll have ample opportunity for group discussion and individual participation in presentations, discussions and hands-on exercises.
For those who prefer online training or whose budget can’t accommodate travel to an in-person class, the new online version is coming soon. You’ll get the same sought-after program content, tailored to your schedule and budget.
Class sizes are limited! Enroll Today!
2020 Course Schedule
(Seven 2-hour sessions, Mon/Weds 12-2 p.m. EST)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have had to cancel our in-person classes for 2020. We added another online class in November, and hope to resume our in-person schedule in 2021.
Participants learn to:
- Identify business crises and prepare for them
- Evaluate organization’s vulnerabilities and crisis potential
- Anticipate issues that may escalate into a crisis
- Gain critical support from senior management
- Quantify financial impact of a potential crisis
- Develop and implement realistic crisis communications plans
- Define stakeholders and prioritize actions for those most likely to get involved
- Utilize online and traditional communication tools effectively
- Understand and use social media in a crisis
- Develop talking points for media and other stakeholders
- Minimize negative reactions from various audiences
- Debrief and learn from the crisis
Who Should Take the Course
- Crisis team members
- Company spokespersons
- Heads of government agencies
- Public relations and communications practitioners
- Media relations managers
- HR professionals
- Attorneys and paralegals
- Risk Management professionals
- Plant/operations managers
- Anyone who wants to learn how to prevent and mitigate crisis in their organization
Data from the unique ICM Crisis Database are used to pinpoint current trends in crisis situations that are stimulating the most media attention for the business community. The course emphasizes realistic problem solving and the importance of hands-on experience in preventing or controlling crises. Participants complete exercises based on actual business crisis events.
Deborah Hileman, SCMP
ICM President and CEO
CEO Expertise for Every Client
Deborah Hileman, SCMP, President and CEO. A certified strategic communication management professional (SCMP), business leader, coach and consultant with more than 30 years’ experience in public and private companies and non-profit organizations, Ms. Hileman has led high-performing communications and marketing teams in health care, manufacturing, insurance and financial services, nonprofits and higher education. Her most significant areas of expertise include strategic communications planning and reputation/crisis management, change management, employee engagement and communication training.
Sign up for our Newsletter