2021 COURSE SCHEDULE
ONLINE Live-Remote COURSE
(Mondays and Wednesdays, Noon-2:30 pm EST)
May 3-24, 2021
August 2-23, 2021
November 1-22, 2021
Class size is limited to facilitate group discussions and activities.
$ 1,595.00 USD (live- online)
Contact us about non-profit, veteran and group enrollment discounts or custom in-house programs for your organization.
Our flagship program since 1990, the ICM Crisis Communication Management Certification Course has strengthened the skills of hundreds of executives and communications practitioners who are responsible for managing communications during a business crisis.
The nation’s best Crisis Communication course.
The cornerstone of ICM’s planned Certified Crisis Communication Manager program, this intensive two-day ( or 7-session online) course focuses on managing sudden crises and techniques for preventing smoldering internal business issues from going “public” or minimizing the damage to the organization’s ongoing business when public disclosure cannot be avoided. Enrollment is limited to provide ample opportunity for group discussion and individual participation in presentations, discussions and hands-on exercises. This course is required for ICM’s upcoming Certified Crisis Communication Manager program.
Participants learn to:
- Identify business crises and prepare for them
- Evaluate organization’s vulnerabilities and crisis potential
- Anticipate issues that may escalate into a crisis
- Gain critical support from senior management
- Quantify financial impact of a potential crisis
- Develop realistic crisis communications plans
- Define stakeholders and prioritize actions for those most likely to get involved
- Utilize online and traditional communication tools effectively
- Understand and use social media in a crisis
- Develop talking points for media and other stakeholders
- Minimize negative reactions from various audiences
- Debrief and learn from the crisis
Data from the unique ICM Crisis Database are used to pinpoint current trends in crisis situations that are stimulating the most media attention for the business community. The Workshop emphasizes realistic problem solving and the importance of hands-on experience in preventing or controlling crises. Participants collaborate in hands-on exercises based on actual business crisis events.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate/organization leaders and executives
- Heads of government agencies
- Crisis team members
- Public relations, marketing and communications practitioners
- HR managers
- Risk Management/ Business Continuity professionals
- Attorneys and paralegals
- Plant/operations managers