2018 COURSE SCHEDULE:
$ 1,749.00 USD
Fee includes all workshop materials, lunch and breaks daily (in-person course).
Contact us about group enrollment discounts or custom in-house programs for your organization.
Our flagship program since 1990, the ICM Crisis Communication Management Certification Course has strengthened the skills of hundreds of executives and communications practitioners who are responsible for managing communications during a business crisis.
The cornerstone of ICM’s new Certified Crisis Communication Manager program, this intensive two-day course focuses on managing sudden crises and techniques for preventing smoldering internal business issues from going “public” or minimizing the damage to the organization’s ongoing business when public disclosure cannot be avoided. Enrollment is limited to provide ample opportunity for group discussion and individual participation in presentations, discussions and hands-on exercises. This course is required for ICM’s new Certified Crisis Communication Manager program.
Course will also be offered in online format beginning in January 2018.
Participants learn to:
- Identify business crises and prepare for them
- Evaluate organization’s vulnerabilities and crisis potential
- Anticipate issues that may escalate into a crisis
- Gain critical support from senior management
- Quantify financial impact of a potential crisis
- Develop realistic crisis communications plans
- Define stakeholders and prioritize actions for those most likely to get involved
- Utilize online and traditional communication tools effectively
- Understand and use social media in a crisis
- Develop talking points for media and other stakeholders
- Minimize negative reactions from various audiences
- Debrief and learn from the crisis
Data from the unique ICM Crisis Database are used to pinpoint current trends in crisis situations that are stimulating the most media attention for the business community. The Workshop emphasizes realistic problem solving and the importance of hands-on experience in preventing or controlling crises. Participants collaborate in hands-on exercises based on actual business crisis events.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate/organization leaders and executives
- Heads of government agencies
- Crisis team members
- Public relations and communications practitioners
- HR managers
- Risk Management professionals
- Attorneys and paralegals
- Plant/operations managers