ICM offers a variety of in-person workshops for executives, crisis team members and communicators.
Check back frequently for new course offerings. Among the topics under development:
- Hands-on workshop: crisis messaging strategies and development
- Advanced crisis media training – situation specific tailored to your needs
- Preventing smoldering crises from exploding: developing a culture of communication that encourages employees to speak up
Crisis Communications Management Certification Workshop
Our flagship program since 1990, the ICM Crisis Communication Management Certification Workshop has strengthened the skills of hundreds of executives and communications practitioners who are responsible for managing communications during a business crisis.
This intensive two-day workshop focuses on techniques for preventing internal business crises from going “public” or minimizing the damage to the organization’s ongoing business when public disclosure cannot be avoided. Enrollment is limited to provide ample opportunity for group discussion and individual participation in presentations, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Participants learn to:
- Identify business crises and prepare for them
- Evaluate organization’s vulnerabilities and crisis potential
- Anticipate issues that may escalate into a crisis
- Gain critical support from senior management
- Quantify financial impact of a potential crisis
- Develop and implement realistic crisis communications plans
- Define stakeholders and prioritize actions for those most likely to get involved
- Utilize online and traditional communication tools effectively
- Understand and use social media in a crisis
- Develop talking points for media and other stakeholders
- Minimize negative reactions from various audiences
- Debrief and learn from the crisis
Data from the unique ICM Crisis Database are used to pinpoint current trends in crisis situations that are stimulating the most media attention for the business community. The Workshop emphasizes realistic problem solving and the importance of hands-on experience in preventing or controlling crises. Participants collaborate in hands-on exercises based on actual business crisis events.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate/organization leaders and executives
- Heads of government agencies
- Crisis team members
- Public relations and communications practitioners
- HR professionals
- Attorneys and paralegals
- Risk Management professionals
- Plant/operations managers
Crisis Media Training
Offered as a stand-along workshop or optional third day following the Certification Workshop. This intensive session is invaluable for company executives and communications professionals who have to face the news media in a crisis. The workshop includes multiple on-camera interviews focusing on likely situations participants may encounter. Due to the one-on-one nature of media training, registration is limited to six participants. Register early to secure a seat!Find out more
In-House Media Training
ICM also offers its Media Training Workshop as a custom in-house program. Contact ICM today to schedule media training for your spokespersons.
Executive Communication Coaching
ICM offers one-on-one coaching and leadership development that prepares key executives to develop a crisis prevention strategy, lead through a crisis, and embrace the crisis as an opportunity for positive change in the company. Contact ICM today to schedule media and communication coaching for your executives.