ICM was founded in 1990 with a focus on research as an important component of effective crisis planning and preparedness. The Annual ICM Crisis Report is a compilation of news, crises analysis and trends, assessment of high-risk industries, and valuable lessons on how crises happen and how to prepare if they do.
Annual Crisis Report
The 2016 Annual Crisis Report has just been released.
We can customize our research to be most useful to your organization. Contact us to prepare an industry specific report.
For a free copy of any ICM Annual Crisis Report published from 2001-2015, please contact us.
The ICM Crisis Database
The ICM Database comprises nearly 850,000 records compiled electronically from more than 15,000 business news organizations worldwide, including syndicated newspapers, business and financial wire services, websites and social media, national and regional business newspapers and magazines and industry trade publications and newsletters.
Data are compiled into these crisis categories:
- Casualty Accidents
- Class Action Lawsuits
- Consumerism actions
- Cyber Crime
- Executive Dismissal
- Financial Damage
- Hostile Takeovers
- Labor Disputes
- Sexual Harassment
- White Collar Crime
- Workplace Violence
We use our proprietary Crisis Database to:
- Define the types of issues your organization is most likely to encounter
- Show clients what others have done, what worked, and what didn’t
- Determine your organization’s level of risk, and develop realistic crisis response plans that anticipate the most likely crisis events in your business.
- Identify crisis trends that should be addressed in the strategic plan we help you produce
- Develop realistic management training workshops for employees to practice responding to crisis events
- Analyze the trends in business crisis events on a quarterly basis and publish reports that focus on important changes in crisis events for business in general and for specific industries.
- When You Are The Headline , Robert Irvine, Founder – Institute for Crisis Management.
- Before Crisis Hits: Building a Strategic Crisis Plan for Colleges, Larry L. Smith and Dan P. Millar, PhD, Community College Press, AACC 2002.
- Crisis Management and Communication, Third Edition by Dan P. Millar, Ph.D., APR, and Larry L. Smith. Voted Book of the Year by the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC).
- Crisis Management Guidebook 2006 Edition, Published by PR News Press, Edited by Diane Schwartz, Contribution by Larry L. Smith.
- Crisis Management: Mastering the Skills to Prevent Disasters, Harvard Business Essentials, by Harvard Business School Press.
- Crisis Leadership: An Executive Briefing, Dr. Erika James and Larry Smith, Batten Institute, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia. Copyright 2005. Contact Darden Business Publishing to request a copy.